miércoles, 17 de enero de 2018

Blog Activity: Software Architecture

There is a point of view that I previously had when I entered the degree, in that idea I was thinking:

 - "Well, I don't know how to program correctly, could it affect me when I enter the career?"

After making that statement I have a conclusion for that question from years ago, and the answer is yes, but at the same time no.

Why both? Well, that's simple, first, because no one born with programming knowledge/skills and second, time passes and meanwhile that time passes I'm learning new stuff to make a better performance and avoid newcomer errors.

Honestly, through the career I've been fighting to learn programming languages in a way that I could have a good technique and apply it in every language (and well also because I'm the only person from my family that I'm interested on technology and computing, so I'm going to be the first Engineer on Computing Science from my family, Hooray!), but thanks to the book that I recently discovered thanks to this subject, I checked that there is no a base strategy to handle all in one, instead you can learn different ways to understand and work with different programming languages, but that does not mean that there is a method to create code without passing through different stages.

There are things on the book that got my attention, specially this term "Defensive Language", normally on school you create programs just to finish and get the assignment complete, but we don't take some minutes to reflex or think about important steps that would make a better way to create a program, this kind of methods can save us from large hours in front the PC screen and get frustrated because we only think in accomplish the homework.

I consider that the tips from the book are a good advice to follow from now on not only for the benefit of one, but to do things correctly. Like I said, I've always struggled with the way to solve a problem, today I learned that we create correct code (or just that works), but no good code, that needs to get improvements and to be followed, it helps one to get the idea behind the way we create code and that we don't look more than the result, we need to check different scenarios, possibilities, options and check from scratch the code that we can create so the program works correctly since the beginning and just focus in the good code.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario